Our Grade 2 listed Guest House (Georgian town house circa 1760) is situated in a conservation area set in the coastal village of Tynemouth and approximately 200metres from the sea, the historic priory and castle. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features which could make access difficult for those with limited mobility. The entrance to the guest house is down a narrow passage with a few shallow steps. As a four storey Georgian town house there are several flights of stairs and with no ground floor bedrooms it makes it unsuitable for wheel chair users. For guests with hearing difficulties we have a portable hearing loop in the breakfast room and all our written material is available in large print on request.
- The website www.martineau-house.co.uk provides pictures of the accommodation and further information about the services provided.
- You can contact us by telephone (0191 2579038), email (email@example.com), or text (07932784008)
- Martineau Guest House is located in a picturesque historic village with many restaurants, cafes, pubs and shops.
- We are ideally situated for public transport, taxis are available in the street; a bus stop is at the end of the street two minutes walk away; the local metro train service is approximately five minutes walk away. This service will take you directly into Newcastle in about 25minutes.
- Brochures, menus and documents can be provided in large print if required however we regret that we do not have the facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise us of your estimated time of arrival. We request registration to be between 4.00pm – 7.00pm if possible however other arrival times can be arrange if required.
- On street car parking is normally available outside the property. You can purchase a permit from the guest house for 50p which allows you to park all day. Without the permit there is a charge of 1p per minute between 9.00am – 5.50pm with a maximum of two hours stay. Overnight parking is free.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
Main Entrance and Reception Area
- Access to the main door is down a passage with a few steps
- There is a bell to the left of the door and a large knocker on the door itself
- From the front door there are two sets of 7 stairs supported by a hand rail to our Reception area.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- On entering the front door the breakfast room is to the left overlooking the garden. The garden is shared with neighbours and is therefore not available for guest use.
- From the entrance door there are two sets of 7 stairs with a supporting hand rail to the private accommodation at ground level.
- Another two sets of 7 and 9 stairs with a hand rail takes you to the two guest rooms on the first floor.
- Two more sets of 9 and 7 stairs with a hand rail takes you to the two guest rooms on the second floor.
- The house is centrally heated throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- A guest lounge is not available but our private lounge can be made available in certain circumstances.
- Entering the front door to the right there is a toilet which can be made available to guests during the day or night.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
- Breakfast is served in our breakfast room on the lower ground floor to the left of the front door.
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and all other diets are catered for. Please advise of any dietary requirements on booking.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- Two bedrooms are located on the first floor and a further two on the second floor.
- All rooms have en-suite facilities with a shower, wash basin and toilet.
- Each room has complimentary toiletries including shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, hand wash and body lotion.
- Each room has a flat screen TV with freeview and a built in DVD player. DVDs can be borrowed from an extensive library during your stay.
- We also provide a dressing gown, hair dryer, clothes brush, sewing materials, cork screw and wine glasses. A selection of games books and magazines are available as well as a file giving information of the area, restaurants, places of interest and details of emergency contacts including doctors and hospitals.
- Village View bedroom is on the first floor to the left overlooking Tynemouth village. It has twin beds with access from both sides.
- Collingwood View is on the first floor to the right overlooking the River Tyne. This room has a 5ft King-sized bed with access from both sides.
- Priory View is on the second floor with panoramic views across the River Tyne and coastline. It has a 5ft king-sized bed with access from both sides.
- The Snug room is on the second floor with views of Tynemouth village. It has a 4ft 6inch double bed with access from both sides.
- All bedrooms have additional comfy seats.
- Each room has a bedside table or drawers, reading light and wardrobe.
- The beds are made with duvets (suitable tog rating for winter and summer) sheets and two pillows per person. Extra cushions are provided on all beds. Blankets are available in each room.
- Unfortunately the rooms are not equipped to accommodate children.
- Free wi-fi is available in all rooms
- There are heat and smoke detectors in every room in the building as well as two audible fire sirens and all rooms have fire notices.
- There are three fire extinguishers, one in the kitchen one on the first landing and one on the top landing. There are also four fire alarms, one on each floor in the shared public areas.
- In the event of a fire a loud siren will activate automatically. Please vacate the building via our front door and assemble at the designated fire point outside and wait for instructions. Please inform us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
- Smoking is not permitted on the premises. If guests smoke on the premises a charge will be incurred to contribute to the cost of cleaning and deodorising the room.
- We regret we do not accept pets.
- We are happy to cater for special diets, please advise us of these before your arrival.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication you may need.
- We do not allow take away meals to be consumed in the bedrooms.
Martineau Guest House
57 Front Street,
Telephone: 0191 2579038. When we are away from the premises this number diverts to our mobile.
Hours of operation: We are open all year although closed occasionally for decorating and maintenance.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01912579038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised: January 2013